Friday, February 10, 2012

Bakersville Boulangerie and Patisserie Bagels

I believe in the saying that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I never let my day start without ofcourse having breakfast. I grew up eating rice meal for my breakfast, with fruits. In other countries, they prefer bread for their breakfast such as Bagels. It’s a donut shaped bread, first boiled and then baked with chewy interior and crisp exterior. 


It was my Dad who bought my first bagel and after tasting the bread, I instantly liked it. Bagel comes in different flavours or and dough types. Bakersville Boulangerie & Patisserie is a new bakeshop that recently launched their Hand-Made Bagel line.




One of the most prominent styles of traditional bagel is New York or NY Style Bagel. Bakersville NY Style variants are Plain, Savory Onion, Roasted Garlic, and Whole Wheat. The NY Style variants are better for the health compared to other breads in the market because the recipe doesn’t include egg and milk, it uses honey instead of sugar.

Other variants include Cinnamon Raisin and other custom order flavour. As with any other bread, proper storage and reheating are required in order to maintain freshness and original texture. Know that microwave over tends to dry up the bread so use Oven Toasters instead. I like my Bagel plain with brewed coffee, really perfect. But if I wanted more than just plain bagel, I usually put in egg, bacon, and cheese or just put the spread I like.




Now, bagel lovers no longer need to import their bagels from New York or New Jersey. NY Style Plain Bagels are available for p100 for a pack of 3 (very affordable) and NY Roasted Garlic, NY Savory Onion, & NY Whole Wheat Bagels are available for p120 for packs of 3 and Cinnamon Bagels are available for p130 for a pack of 3.




Bakersville Boulangerie & Patisserie
Twitter: bakersvillePH
FB Page: bakersville.ph  

No comments:

Post a Comment